Sunday, May 20, 2012

You Are Not Alone

My fiance and I have been engaged since April 25 (*SQUEE!*). I haven't talked about it in much detail to anyone, really, I think because I have felt so cocooned by love since the experience, and I'm terrified of releasing some of that joy, of relinquishing it to other people. It's certainly protected me over the past three and a half weeks, dealing with all the drama that seems to be part and parcel of announcing an engagement (and believe me, has there been drama).

But things are slowly starting to resettle. There were a lot of hard conversations, and many more tears. And I guess the main point I'm trying to make is, if the start of your engagement wasn't, or isn't what you expected, do not despair.

You are not alone, and this too shall pass.

<3

*Incidentally, he proposed at the only time he could have possibly surprised me. It was simple, thoughtful, and utterly, breathtakingly perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment